The American roulette is a type of roulette game that is most popular in the United States. Even though the American roulette has the majority of rules the same as the classic game of roulette, this version of the game has introduced some elements that are unique to this version. As well as all other types of this game, the American roulette was developed on the basis of the territory where it was played.
Play American Roulette Online Now:
However, this type of roulette is not only popular in the United States. In the last few years, this version of the game has begun to spread to other territories and countries including Asian countries as well as the United Kingdom. Because of that, the number of players playing this game has grown significantly in comparison to other types of the roulette game. However, in the rest of Europe, the American roulette has still not found its audience which does not mean that it will not become popular one day.
The American roulette features the wheel that has 38 divisions, unlike European roulette which uses 37 divisions. The numbers in this game are between 1 and 36 and it also features a 0. However, unlike any other type of roulette, the American roulette also features the 00. All the numbers from 1 to 36 are colored in red and black alternatively while the 0 and 00 are colored green. Because of that, this is the biggest difference between this type of roulette and all other types of this game.
The main objective of this game is to predict in which field number the ball will land at the end of the spin. In order to participate in this game, players will have to place their bets and after that, the dealer will spin the wheels in one direction while he or she will spin the ball in the opposite direction. Once the ball lands on a certain number, the players that placed their bets on that number will receive the payout. In this game, all 38 number fields are arranged identically on the wheel which means that the ball has equal chances or possibilities for landing in any of those fields.
In American roulette, usually a special type of chips is used and players will have to change their chips with the dealer. Each player will be given chips of a different color in order to avoid all confusion in the game. After that, they will have the opportunity to place their bets on the table that clearly presents all betting possibilities. The bets can also be placed even after the dealer has spun the wheel. However, once the dealer calls out ‘No more bets’, players will not be allowed to place any more bets. From that moment, placing new bets as well as changing any bet that was already made will not be allowed.
Types of Bets
While playing this game, players will have the opportunity to place different types of bets that will include betting on numbers, groups of numbers as well as the possibility of betting on the color. Just like in other roulette types, the American roulette also features the inside as well as the outside bets. Before players actually get to the American roulette table, they need to know that the payouts for the bets will not be presented on the table. Because of that, they are advised to find these pieces of information before they get to the table and before they make their first bet.
In the following parts, some of the most popular types of inside as well as outside bets will be presented together with the payout rate for each of those bets. While playing this game, players will choose the type of bet that suits their needs, desires, and intuition the most.
Betting on inside bets means that players will be betting on a specific number, adjacent number, or on a group of numbers. Because of that, inside bets provide players with a wide selection of great bets that they can use to win some big payouts.
- Straight-Up Bet – while using this bet, players will be placing their bet on any single number in the game including 0 as well as 00. They will have to bet on a specific number that they believe the ball will land in. With this bet, the payout is around 35 to 1.
- Split Bet – while using this bet, players will be betting on two adjacent numbers and the bet is placed on the line that separates the two numbers. Besides betting on regular numbers, players will also be betting on 0 and 00. With this bet, the payout is around 17 to 1.
- Street Bet – while using this bet, players will be betting on all three numbers in a row and the bet is placed at the end of the desired row. The payout with this bet is 11 to 1.
- Corner Bet – while using this bet, players will be betting on a group of four numbers and the bet is placed on a mark where these four numbers touch. The payout with this bet is 8 to 1.
- Five Bet – while using this bet, players will be betting on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3 and it is placed on the corner of 0 and 1. The payout for this bet is 6 to 1.
- Line Bet – while using this bet, players will be betting on six numbers or two rows of three numbers. The bet is placed at the end of those rows, on the line that separates those two rows. With this bet, the payout is 5 to 1.
In this game, the outside bets also provide players with different possibilities and several different bets. The following types of bets are all part of outside bets category.
- Column Bet – While playing American roulette, players will be betting on an entire column and the bet is placed in the ‘2-1’ box that is located at the end of the column. With this bet, the payout is 2 to 1.
- Dozen Bet – with this bet, players will be betting on a group of 12 numbers and the bet is placed either on the ‘1st 12’ field, ‘2nd 12’ field, or the ‘3rd 12’ field. In this case, the payout is the same as for the Column Bet, 2 to 1.
- Bet on Color – while using this bet, players will be betting on all red or on all black numbers on the board. This bet is placed on Red or Black field while the payout for this bet is 1 to 1 and it is one of the simplest bets in the entire game.
- Bet on Odd/Even – with this bet, players will be betting on all even or on all odd numbers on the board. The bets are placed on the Even or Odd field on the board and the payout for this bet is the same as for the previous outside bet, 1 to 1.
- Bet on Low/High – with this bet, players will be betting on all low numbers (1 to 18) or on high numbers (19 to 36). The payout for this bet is 1 to 1.
In the case when players bet on 0 or 00 and it turns out that one of those numbers is actually a winning number, all of the outside bets are split in half and they will be returned to players. Considering all the types of the bets and all the payouts for those bets, it is not hard to see why so many players love to play this type of the classic roulette game.